SEO Copy Writing: 5 Check Points
- Evergreen Topics
Evergreen topics are topics people will always be interested in.
- Buyer Persona
- What would Jane Doe be searching for?
- What keyword would attract her to your content?
- What type of CTAs will Sara engage with?
- How about imagery?
- Meta Data – Meta Title and Description
- Content should be: 80% Evergreen Keywords; 20% Trending Keywords
- Create a Buyer Persona: Target Keywords & Content Towards That Buyer Persona
- Metadata should be for Humans as well as for SEO
- Always use the target keyword in Title and Meta Description
- The title should be 40 – 50
- Meta Description should be 120-130
- Basic Content/Copy guide
- Add the Keyword to Header and use a header for each page – 6 words or less
- Always use the main keyword in at least one heading and high-value related keywords in others.
- Copy – longer is better for most situations.
- main category and product pages, a minimum of 500 words
- blogs, the minimum is bumped to 1,200
- Bullet Points.
- Each Image Should Have a Unique Title & Alt Text that Includes a Target Keyword
- Alt Text should be 120 Characters